Thursday, March 8, 2012

Water: Liquid Life

So, one of the things that we have to take care of on the airfield is water.  Water for washing, water for drinking, water for construction, etc.  There are also three types of water that we use: pure water, tap water, and river water.  Pure water is used for drinking and sometimes cooking.  It comes in bags and is about 1 cedi ($0.60) for 15 500ml bags.  Tap water is clean enough to drink but is more used for cooking and washing (dishes, clothes, and bodies).  River water is a gamble and mostly used in construction.  Do not drink the river water unless you're craving the runs or other random digestive issue.





Bob's Road
Right now, we are very close to connecting up a pipe water supply, but until then we have to get our tap water from a neighbor who has main water access.  His name is Bob.  Now, I've been to Bob's place probably about close to 10 times now on water runs, but it didn't hit me until I nearly missed the road to his house that there was a great movie quote looming.  For those of you who know me, I love movie quotes and working them into everyday situations.  So, without further ado, please enjoy this twister reference:


First I gotta find this road...

4 comments:

  1. That's a classic... "Bob's road"...too funny, you do have a great sense of humor Ben..
    love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are agreat water runner... and without it we would not get a wash or cooking or toilets flushed (and the adage of 'if it is Yellow, let it mellow; if it is brown flush it down!' does get thin.... all being well we will get pipe water this week.... but all things are rarely well in this part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting!!! LOL Keep up the good work!! I have friends in Ghana and they are always telling me stories. I know a little of what third world countries can be like from living here in Ukraine. None of my neighbors have running water, cars, etc. But they have cell phones!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post I must say.

    You may also like to know about concrete blocks nowadays used by many construction companies in building construction.

    ReplyDelete